How is Jesus Christ unique?Question: "How is Jesus Christ unique?"
Answer: 1. He is the only, unique Son of God (Psalm 2:7, 11-12; John 1:14; Luke 1:35).
2. He is eternal. He existed from eternity past, He exists in the present, and He will exist for all eternity in the future (John 1:1-3, 14; John 8:58).
3. Jesus alone is the One who bore our sins so that we could have forgiveness and be saved from them (Isaiah 53; Matthew 1:21; John 1:29; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Corinthians 15:1-3).
4. Jesus is the only Way to the Father (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5); there is no other way to salvation. He is the only righteous One who exchanged that perfect righteousness for our sin (2 Corinthians 5:21).
5. Jesus alone had power over His own death and the ability take back His life again (John 2:19; 10:17-18). Note: His resurrection was not a “spiritual” one, but was physical (Luke 24:39). His resurrection from the dead, never to die again, distinguished Him as the unique Son of God (Romans 1:4).
6. Jesus alone accepted worship as an equal with the Father (John 20:28-29; Philippians 2:6), and indeed God the Father states that the Son is to be honored as He is honored (John 5:23). All others, whether Jesus’ disciples or angelic beings, rightly reject that worship (Acts 10:25-26; Acts 14:14-15; Matthew 4:10; Revelation 19:10; 22:9).
7. Jesus has the power to give life to whom He will (John 5:21).
8. The Father has committed all judgment to Jesus (John 5:22).
9. Jesus was with the Father and directly involved in the creation, and it is by His hand that all things are held together (John 1:1-3; Ephesians 3:9; Hebrews 1:8-10; Colossians 1:17).
10. It is Jesus who will rule the world at the end of this present age (Hebrews 1:8; Isaiah 9:6-7; Daniel 2:35, 44; Revelation 19:11-16).
11. Jesus alone was born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit. The sin nature is genetically inherited from the male. He had no human father and therefore was born without a sin nature (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:20-23; Luke 1:30-35).
12. It is Jesus who demonstrated that He had the attributes of God [e.g., the power to forgive sins and heal the sick (Matthew 9:1-7); to calm the wind and waves (Mark 4:37-41; Psalm 89:8-9); to know us, being perfectly acquainted with us (Psalm 139; John 1:46-50; 2:23-25), to raise the dead (John 11; Luke 7:12-15; 8:41-55), etc.]
13. There are a great number of prophecies concerning the Messiah’s birth, life, resurrection, person, and purpose. All were fulfilled by Him and no other (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Psalm 22; Zechariah 11:12-13; 13:7; Isaiah 9:6-7; Isaiah 53; Psalm 16:10).
Recommended Resource: Jesus: The Greatest Life of All by Charles Swindoll
Free Bible Study Book Each Month – From Faithlife and Logos Bible Software.
عربى, Bosanski, Български, 简体中文, 繁體中文, Deutsch, Español, Français, हिन्दी, Hrvatski, Indonesia, Italiano, 日本語, Kiswahili, Magyar, Nederlands, Polski, Português, Română, Русский, සිංහල, Srpski, Suomi, Tagalog, ภาษาไทย, українська, Việt
Who is Jesus Christ?
How is the Christian religion different from all the other world religions?
How is Jesus different from other religious leaders?
What makes Christianity unique?
How is Jesus greater than all the other great people in history?
Questions about Jesus Christ
How is Jesus Christ unique?