Question: "How is Jesus Christ unique?"Recommended Resource:
1. Jesus Christ is unique as the only begotten Son of God (Psalm 2:7, 11–12; John 1:14; 3:16; Luke 1:35). Jesus is the “one-of-a-kind” Son of God in that He shares the same divine nature as God.
2. Jesus Christ is unique in that He is eternal. He existed from eternity past, He exists in the present, and He will exist for all eternity in the future (John 1:1–3, 14; John 8:58).
3. Jesus Christ is unique in that He is sinless. He never committed a sin and, although fully human, has no sin nature. He is the Holy One of God (Acts 3:14; John 6:69; 1 Peter 2:22; 1 John 3:5).
4. Jesus Christ is unique because He alone is the One who bore our sins. As our Sin-bearer, He grants us forgiveness and salvation and a right standing with God. No one else could take away our sin (Isaiah 53; Matthew 1:21; John 1:29; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Corinthians 15:1–3).
5. Jesus Christ is unique because He is the only Way to the Father (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5). There is no other way to salvation. He is the only righteous One, and He exchanged His perfect righteousness for our sin (2 Corinthians 5:21).
6. Jesus Christ is unique in that He alone had power over His own death and the ability take back His life again (John 2:19; 10:17–18). Note: His resurrection was not a “spiritual” one, but physical (Luke 24:39). His resurrection from the dead, never to die again, distinguished Him as the unique Son of God (Romans 1:4).
7. Jesus Christ is unique, as seen in the fact that He alone accepted worship as an equal with the Father (John 20:28–29; Philippians 2:6). Indeed, God the Father states that the Son is to be honored as He is honored (John 5:23). All others in Scripture, whether Jesus’ disciples or angelic beings, rightly reject that worship (Acts 10:25–26; 14:14–15; Matthew 4:10; Revelation 19:10; 22:9).
8. Jesus Christ is unique in that He has the power to give life to whom He will (John 5:21).
9. Jesus Christ is unique because the Father has committed all judgment to Him (John 5:22). Having lived in this world perfectly, He is the only One qualified to judge the world.
10. Jesus Christ is unique because He was with the Father and directly involved in the creation. It is by the hand of Christ that all things are held together (John 1:1–3; Ephesians 3:9; Hebrews 1:8–10; Colossians 1:17).
11. Jesus Christ is unique in that He will rule the world at the end of this present age (Hebrews 1:8; Isaiah 9:6–7; Daniel 2:35, 44; Revelation 19:11–16).
12. Jesus Christ is unique in that He alone was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:20–23; Luke 1:30–35).
13. Jesus Christ is unique in that He demonstrated the attributes of God. In His ministry, Jesus showed that He had the power to forgive sins and heal the sick (Matthew 9:1–7); to calm the wind and waves (Mark 4:37–41; Psalm 89:8–9); to know people inside and out (Psalm 139; John 1:46–50; 2:23–25); and to raise the dead (John 11; Luke 7:12–15; 8:41–55).
14. Jesus Christ is unique because He fulfilled prophecy. There are a great number of prophecies concerning the Messiah’s birth, life, resurrection, person, and purpose. All were fulfilled by Him and no other (e.g., Isaiah 7:14; 9:6–7; 53; Micah 5:2; Psalm 16:10; 22; Zechariah 11:12–13; 13:7).
How is Jesus Christ unique?
God the Son Incarnate: The Doctrine of Christ by Stephen Wellum
More insights from your Bible study - Get Started with Logos Bible Software for Free!
Who is Jesus Christ?
How is the Christian religion different from all the other world religions?
How is Jesus different from other religious leaders?
What makes Christianity unique?
How is Jesus greater than all the other great people in history?
Questions about Jesus Christ
How is Jesus Christ unique?